Often in winter I love a warm cup of something. Especially after making it back indoors after a cold walk through the rain, after your umbrella breaks and you were splashed almost head-to-toe by a passing bus (this is a dramatic but a true afternoon's walk home). This is one of those warm cups of comfort; a hug in a cup when you are alone and there is no one to wrap you up warm. Spiced with cardamon and made with macadamia milk which is one of the most decadent and lush of the nut milks. I like to sip it slowly, to close my eyes and pretend I'm back in a proper Scandinavian white winter enjoying fika with a freshly baked cardamon infused kardemummabulle from Fabrique bakery. That is before I end this milky meditation and drift back to closer to home and realise I'm yet to make it out of my soggy pants.
- 2 cups of macadamia milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamon (or 5 crushed cardamon pods)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (or 2 cinnamon sticks)
- Half a handful of toasted coconut flakes
- Place macadamia milk, vanilla, cardamon, cinnamon into a pot and heat until the mixture starts to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes
- Pour into a cup and add honey to your desired sweetness
- Sprinkle coconut flakes and dust with cinnamon
- Sit down, wrap your hands around a warm cup and enjoy comforting sips of Artic slush
- Not a fan of macadamia milk? Substitute in any other type of milk you like...almond, cashew, rice, cow, sheep, moose.
- Want something a bit more filling? Simply add chia seeds to make a warm cup of Artic chia pudding.
- Use this spiced milk to make a deluxe version of our Classic Quinoa Porridge.